There is a saying in the Forest School Community that there is no such thing as bad weather – only unsuitable clothing! People often come in the wrong clothing. Having the right clothes and shoes can make the difference between you or your child having a great time and being miserable.
With that in mind, please dress for the weather and remember that lots of layers are the best and easiest to manage. Adults need layers and waterproofing too, not just the children.
Winter cold and wet and wind
- Waterproof boots or snow boots with several warm pairs of socks. Ordinary welly boots are the pretty cold if you only wear normal socks with them so definitely get a good pair of warm welly socks (for both you and your child!)
- Waterproof over-trousers. If you only have thin waterproof trousers like you get from hiking shops, wear as many layers (tights, leggings, jogging bottoms etc) underneath as you can.
- Ski or snow trousers are best – available cheaply on ebay, second hand. Also need layers underneath.
- Body – again outer ski clothes best, as many layers as possible. Thin layers next to body with long sleeves, and then jumpers, jackets and waterproof top layer.
- Scarf or neckwarmer
- Gloves, with gloves to spare. And another pair just in case.
- Warm Hat
Having the right clothes and shoes can make the difference between you or your child having a great time and being miserable.
With that in mind, please dress for the weather and remember that lots of layers are best and easiest to manage. Adults need layers and waterproofing too, not just the children.
Summer heat or rain
- Waterproof coat and trousers
- Long-sleeved top to avoid scratches
- Leggings or tracksuit bottoms again to avoid scratches
- Sturdy closed-toed shoes or boots, spare socks. No sandals or flip-flops, please!!
- A jumper or hoodie even if it’s hot. It can get cool in the woods under the trees
- mosquito repellent
- Hat and sun cream, though the wood is mostly shaded.
Yes, there is free parking on site as you drive in, or behind the footgolf centre.
Yes, there is a toilet behind the Footgolf shop.
We have a little shelter over the fire, but luckily, we are waterproof!
Please arrive no earlier than ten minutes before the start time of your session, so we can ensure that we are fully set up and we can get straight down to the fun!
Walk behind the snack van, past the football pitch, and towards the trees and you will find us!
You can purchase a drink at the Footgolf shop if needed.
Babes in arms (or slings!) are free but you do need to pay for each walking child – a concession price is available for siblings when booking.